Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Saturday, April 7, 2007

My Birthday (April 5)

I opened my eyes this morning to atang's singing the bufday song. Hah.... today is my bufday, my 31st bufday. But... I didnt feel special today, probably of not feeling well, felt like I am down with a flu. Plus I am meeting my supervisors and team members this afternoon... So the special day just went by without anything 'special'. But we tried to make it feel special, because we dont have many special occasion to celebrate each year, except for birthdays, anniversary and hari raya. The first thing that came to our mind is, is there any Halal bakeries around, to buy a birthday cake. We looked in the islamic finder website, but we couldnt find any bakery around here. To make one is not possible because my kitchen is not yet equip for baking (aarrgghhh I need to get the hand mixer and baking trays one of this day). So we have decided to buy fish n chips from george seafood, and not just the normal fish n chips that we usually get, we want to make it special, so the fish and chips must have something special added to it.

That afternoon, after my meeting with the supervisors and after atang picked up yaya at her school, we went to George's to buy our special fish and chips, for extra special, we added prawns, oysters and calamari to the order....hehehehhe.... And that is definately something. After Asar prayer... we had our early dinner.... the meal was so huge.. we couldnt finish it in one sitting... or actually the meal last until the next day lunch....hahahhahahah.... What a scrumptious dinner we had on my bufday.

And to that...thank you Allah... for letting me enjoy my 31st birthday with my beloved family. And thanks to Atang and Yaya for always be there to support me. sob ... sob

No comments: