Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Thursday, August 13, 2009

sweet chilli Flower Crab

It has been 7 months since we last went to Inala to buy seafood. Inala is the one place that you can buy cheaper seafood, with a variety of selection. But the price is not all about it, the type of seafood is another pull factor (tu dia, pakai supply and demand la pulak). You know these mat salih, they don't eat the type of fish like we eat. Grocery store in the city only sell fillet or steak cut fish, and for that, they only sell big fish like salmon, tuna, snapper, or mackerel (tenggiri). So if you want to find fish like small mackerel (kembung), yellow tail (selar), even small size prawn, crab and squid, Inala is the best place to go.

We went to Inala last Saturday, and I bought some fish, prawn, squid and crab, a lot indeed, preparing for Ramadhan as well :D. The prices have slightly increased, but you get fresh fishes, so I felt the price are reasonable.

We had sweet chilli crab on Sunday. Mmmmm mmmmmm....ahahhahahha... goreng pun sedap actually, but I want to make something different. Recipe..... can't write a good one coz I relied on available recipes on the net, so I took a little bit from here, adjust a little bit from there, watched several vids from youtube, and into the kitchen I went, cooked the crab according to my taste laaaa....ahahahhah....

Basically, I marinated the crab with some fish curry powder, turmeric and salt, and fried them. I fry the crab because I don't have a wok to put everything together, only have my loyal flat pan. So afraid that I will undercook the crab, I fry the crab first until the shell change colour. For the sauce, I pounded together 1 brown onion and 3 garlic. I sliced about 1 cm of ginger. Then used some of the oil from the frying, saute the ginger with the pounded ingredients. Then add 1 1/2 tablespoons of dried chilli paste, drop in some belacan, add in oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce, ketchup, about 1 tablespoon of vineger, salt and sugar to taste. Add a little bit of water, throw in 1 red onion, sliced to ring. Let the gravy slightly thickened, then add in the fried crab. Mix well.

Wallahhhhhh......






Served with steaming white rice and kangkung (water convolvulus) in tauchu sauce. And the rest, like they say, is history..... :p

yours truly,

4 comments:

jane said...

salam......
mmmm, sedapnyer! tambah plak kangkung tu, x tahan.

attyfir said...

sedapnya lahai..ketam.nak ketam..

Me, Mrs Taj said...

masak bulan pose nnt best jugak kn?

fazid said...

cikgu jane..lama tak singgah umah kite....hehehhehe

bulan ngambang kakty....ketam berisi..best2

bulan puasa masak2 simple2 aje la ms taj :D