Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kali nie menjadi....yeessszaaa

Remember one time, or is it two times, that I tried to make donut, but failed. Well, the first time was 50% successful, lembik sikit dough, hmmm the second time, I think, was 50% jugak laaa... rasanye keras pulak donut the second trial.

Last Sunday, as usual, into the kitchen I went, and tried again making donut. I knew what went wrong last time. The biggest mistake I made was, pandai-pandai improvised resepi orang ok....ahahahhaha... Susah betul nak follow instruction nih. Anyway, this time I tried again MamaFami's recipe, and just MamaFami's, but I did make just a tiny changed (pulak... degil lagi tu). Itupun lepas orang bagi cadangan, dan berjaya, kira proven success gitu. And wallah, eehhh...alhamdullillah, kali nie menjadi laaa...best best...

DONUTS
Ingredients:
500g cake flour (I used plain flour)
1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast (I used 7g=1 sachet of yeast)
1 cup water (lukewarm water)
1 teaspoon salt (I accidentally omit this...hmmm)
1/4 cup (50g) margarine (I changed to 1/4 of canola oil)
4 teaspoons sugar
1 egg

How MamaFami make her donut :
1. Mix well flour, instant yeast and egg.
2. In a small pot, on low heat, melt margarine.
3. Add salt, sugar to melted margarine and finally water. Let liquid be slightly hot.
4. Pour liquid into flour mixture bit by bit and knead till the dough is smooth or developed. For best result, knead using the machine.
5. Allow dough to rise (prove) until it has doubled it's original size.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out to about 1 cm thick. Cut with the doughnut cutter.
7. Leave it to rise again.
8. Fry
9. Coat with sugar or dip in melted cooking chocolate and sprinkle some hundreds n thousands on top.
10. Enjoy!!!!

And this is how yours truly make hers (issshhh):
1. Mix yeast, water, oil and sugar in a bowl. Cover it with cling wrap. Leave it 10 to 15 minutes (until bubbly).
2. Add egg into the mixture and beat it for awhile (using fork, until the egg is will mix).
3. Add in flour, a little at a time. Mix well, knead the dough until smooth.
4. Allow to rise for an hour or slightly more (I was doing something else will waiting, so I think I left it about an hour an half), until the dough has doubled it's size.
5. Roll out about 1 cm thick using rolling pin. Cut them into desire shape (I used the brim of a mug as the cutter and make a hole using my finger).
6. Leave to rise for 15 - 20 minutes.

7. Fry and coat with caster sugar (would be great if I have cinnamon or melted choc...yum).
Sodap....huhu.... Bising tul budak fazid nie....buat donut pun nak kecoh....ahahhahahha Tapi yaya memang happy sangat. Atang pun banyak gak makan.. For this measurement, I got 20 pieces, waahhhh, great for both atang n yaya lunch box.

Tengok si yaya dan adik nie. Kotak pun boleh jadik mainan. Sampai tergolek-golek. Lebih kurang, macam main hide seek diorang nie, main tido-tido dalam kotak pun ye gak. Janji happy.


yours truly,

2 comments:

Me, Mrs Taj said...

donut seringgit!!

fazid said...

dua singgit dua singgit...hehhehe