Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Monday, January 4, 2010

dapur ku berasap kembali

Salam kengkawan and friends,

How is the first week of the new year so far? Good...alhamdullillah. We too had great days so far, hopefully the rest of the week will be the same. However, the weather in Brisbane was the opposite, been raining and cloudy for a couple of weeks now. We only had a sunny day last Saturday.

OK OK...am not good at making introduction. So lets cut the story ya... with the kids back with us, my so long partially occupied kitchen now fully functional. Errr actually it started the same day my sistah and family arrived. And now I have a kitchen helper....opppsss helpers (thirah can help a bit) to help me with the washing and cleaning, well I just trust them with a small job. Nothing over special, except for some dishes that I have never try before.



Bubur asyura, as requested by yaya. She said to me one day,"Mama, masak la bubur macam wan"....errr bubur apa tu...so I went on the internet, and visited my fav internet chefs. I got this bubur asyura recipe from MamaFami's. I boiled some salted eggs to go with the bubur, and since atang is not a fan of any type of bubur, I prepared beef in soy sauce (daging kicap) for him. Thirah will just made do with anything :D


One day I cooked nasi ayam. Got some leftover chicken and chicken soup. So I just boiled a pack of compressed rice (nasi himpit/kampit). Shredded the chicken, lettuce and pour the soup over the cooked compressed rice. Kira ala-ala soto laaa....hehehehe

And tonite, out of ordinary, I was in the kitchen again, preparing for a special day. I baked my first chocolate cake. Baked this with love....hahahaha... for whom ya.... I shall not reveal that now.... tungguuuuuuu



Whatever it is, the kids are happy. And I couldn't be better.



yours truly,

4 comments:

Neeza.Areef said...

klu dapo kak fazid berasap mmg sedap2 la npk semua foodnye..btw..happy new year

Me, Mrs Taj said...

kek tu buat me kecur air liur!!!

Me, Mrs Taj said...

akak, nk recipe kek coklat tuh!!

fazid said...

neeza..nampak aje sedap...rasa tak tentu sedap...tapi janji kenyang

ms taj, nanti akak post link...nie resepi kak hanieliza...belum potong lagi kek tu..tak tau rasa camne