Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Friday, January 15, 2010

pasar malam food made at home

When one craving for pasar malam food, what else you can do but to prepare it yourself, especially if the craving came from the cook herself...hahahahha.... Mano ado pasar malam kek sini yang serupo macam kek mesia tu... however, I am lucky, because the ingredients are easy to find here. Yup, so far I have no problem finding ingredients to cook our malaysian food, except for one thing, turmeric leaf. Dah la daun kunyit nie bahan penting dalam masakan nogori. Apo nak buekkan. I was told by a friend, the reason we couldn't find turmeric leaf is because Thai's and Vietnamese do not use it in their cooking. I don't know how true this is, but I took it as one logical reason.

OK...enough of that not-making-sense introduction (yup, still fail in this area). Been searching for Yong Tau Foo sauce recipe for ages, until I found this recipe Sos Yong Tau Foo from my resepi site. I tried preparing the sauce yesterday and ok laaa... not fully satisfied, but I guess because I used different type of sauce than the one used by the cook who posted the recipe. The taste almost similar to the pasar malam, but can be improved. Jom try....



Sos Yong Tau Foo (copy directly from the site)


Bahan-bahan ( 1 family )


SOS HITAM:
560ml air 1 kiub stok bilis
1 camb kicap pekat/hitam
2 camb sos kacang hitam ( OR taucu )
1 camb sos hoisin
2 camb gula pasir
1/8 camt serbuk rempah lima
garam secukupnya
3 camb air dicampur 1½ camb tepung jagung (atau ikut kepekatan tersendiri)


SOS CILI:
8 biji cili merah dibuang biji
2 camt bijan goreng/bakar
100ml cuka
2 camb sos plam
3 camb gula garam secukupnya




Cara-cara

SOS HITAM YONG TAU FOO:

Jerang air, stok bilis, kicap pekat, sos kacang hitam, sos hoisin, gula pasir dan serbuk rempah lima di atas api perlahan. Kacau hingga mendidih, masukkan campuran tepung masak. Kacau tanpa henti selama 2-3 minit lagi atau hingga pekat.


SOS CILI YONG TAU FU:

Kisar cili dan bijan hingga halus. Jerang cuka di atas api perlahan. Masukkan bahan kisar dan semua bahan lain, ketepikan dari api, biar sejuk


note : garam & gula - ikut selera
note: kalau nak buat 1 sos saja, Sos Hitam Pedas, tambahkan cili boh ke dalam (step 2) mengikut kepedasan masing2 dan sedikit cuka.



I just prepared the black sauce because I never like pedas in my Yong Tau Foo. For lunch today, I made a little adjustment for the sauce, so I added more Hoisin Sauce (about 2 tablespoons) and more sugar....haaaa.... ada improvement sikit. Can experiment again until I get the consistency/taste that I want.





(this one for our good neighbour :D)


And I also fried Char Kuay Teow, for I was the only one yang suke Yong Tau Foo,



OK laaa kan...ahahahahhaha....sodap ke tidak, pejam mato yo laaa....janji kenyang (yaya said my Yong Tau Foo sauce is OK but "...tak sama macam pasar malam la mak"...) the word OK pun dah cukup...hehehheheh..first attempt maaaaa

Still adjusting with the routine, but everything is OK. Yaya can look after herself well, while adik, can keep to herself very well too. Soon yaya will be in school. Adik will stay with me at home, alternating with atang when he is off duty.


Nie muke budak baru bangun tido terus capai spek kakaknye, "Mama...mama...spek kakaknye...." ahahhaahha... sebijik macam den maso kocik dulu, pakai spek my sistah or abah when nobody is around :D


yours truly,

4 comments:

tigrismalaya said...

biar pon yaya kata x cam pasar malam kat m'sia tapi dalam gambar kelihatan begitu sedap dan menyelerakan...

jyss said...

yaya sekolah sana ke? so both of the kids are there la for the one year duration? yeay for mama :D

fazid said...

ms tigris...gambar kena fotogenik...wakakakak...ghaso ontah laaa...tekak sendiri yo tak :D

haah jas, the kids will be here until i win the battle...tak sampai one year...harap2 selosai laaa

Liza said...

yong tau foo!!! my faveret!!!