Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Yaya and her school homework

Since Yaya started schooling, I keep comparing my school years with her. I remembered those wonderful time I had, although everyday was not always fun, but I am missing every single day of it. That include the days that I had to stand on a chair for two periods for not memorising the congak, the day that I was kicked on the stomach by an angry boy who thought I told the classroom teacher that he refused to cooperate with the classroom duty, the day that I have to walk a few blocks because I'd missed the school bus (was waiting for my turn of aiskrim potong from a street hawker) hahahahah....and a lot more, surely writing about those memories would take days and can't fit in just one entry.

Hmm...wait...where am I going with this. I want to write about Yaya. Oh yes... this is about school homework. I remembered that everyday, the teachers would left us with many homeworks, at least one for each subject, and everyday, I need to speed a few hours to do it and make revisions. I guess nowdays is pretty much the same in Malaysia right.

Over here, they kids do get homework, but it was sooo easy compare to what I had in those years. The teacher will set up the homework for the whole week on Monday, and the kids can do them any time they like before Friday. On Friday all homework will be passed up. Except for writing, they have to do it everyday. Well if I was Yaya, I can complete everything in just one sitting, hahahahahhaha... So Yaya becomes lazy when doing her homework. Everyday I have to nag her to do it properly. To write the letter clearly, to colour those pictures nicely, to count carefully. Often she had to redo the writing, the colouring and the counting after I have reviewed her work. Aduhaiiiiiii....geram betul. I keep telling her, "Yaya kalau kat Malaysia nie, lagi banyak tau, cikgu pun tak bagi kakak A, you will get an E". Tapi susah gak nak explain, because over here the teacher will not grade the work, well at least for year 2 students. So she can't imagine what I meant by grading A or E.

Tension jugak makcik tu when I keep pestering her to do the homework yang tak seberapa tu properly.

Then one day, she came home with an award.

Her first award this year. Dah pandai tengok jam dah....hehehehhehhe So all my nagging have finally paid off .... but still a lot more to go. Although the teachers do not grade the students' work, but they do give award occasionally. Mesti balik Malaysia Yaya kena kejutan budaya in term of homework nih!!


And the school also provided access to the students to do Mathletics through internet. Yaya will spend between 20 - 30 minutes doing mathematic exercises everyday. Usually when I am not using the machine.


And often adik will sit next to Yaya macam paham la apa yang kakak dia buat :D


yours truly,

3 comments:

Liza said...

this kind of award is good, at least the kids are motivated to leart

merpati66 said...

salam...terima kasih sudi singgah blog akak ya...kalau ada fb leh add akak ya..ida shops..

Me, Mrs Taj said...

adik pun nak blajar jugak..huhuhu