Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Friday, April 17, 2009

Sweet and sour beef

Bored with all this fruit picking stories ekkk... sorryyyy... couple more entries to go.. But today I will skip the Stanthorpe's stories and back to the mundane story of cooking.

I have no new baking project last weekend. Only baked a banana cake for atang's lunch box. This time I add a handful of raisins into the mixture, just to improvise a bit :D.

And this is not a baking story (duhhh!! I just realised the title gave away already, silly me). Anyway, yesterday, I was fasting, have a few more days to replace my uzur day during last Ramadhan. Soon the Ramadhan will come and stay again ya... Time flies. So for yesterday iftar, I cooked Daging Masam Manis aka Masak Merah. I got the recipe from Kak Liza's blog.

Ingredients (my DIY ya..hehehe improvise based on what I have in the kitchen. Again this is more like approximate measure (agak-agak la ya)):

About 300gm of gravy beef, thinly slice the meat
150 gm tomato ketchup (about 3 tablespoons)
150 gm chilli sauce (about 3 tablespoons)
20 gm tumeric powder (about 1 teaspoon)
cooking oil for frying
I add 1 tablespoon of chilli paste aka cili boh (kasi pedas sikit)

Then slice;
1 brown onion
3 garlic
Ginger the size of ur thumb
1 carrot
and some sweet peas

For garnishing;
1 red chilli
1 green chilli

Method:
1. Marinate the meat with the tumeric powder for a little while.
2. Heat the oil and saute the chilli paste. Then add in the meat, and fry until cook.
3. Add in the ketchup and chilli sauce.
4. Mix in the onion, garlic, ginger, and salt and sugar to taste. Stir well.
5. Then walla....ready to eat (sodap makan paneh2 kan). Served with hot rice, and omelet.



So, sweet and sour beef for dinner tonight?

3 comments:

attyfir said...

very nyammie..ckit..

Neeza.Areef said...

tuko lain arr..x leh mkn daging...gumuk dah..ehhehe

fazid said...

hik..meh la datang sini kakty

ala..makan sikit2 apa salahnye :D