Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Nasi Tomato on ANZAC day

Last Saturday, all stores are closed due to ANZAC Day celebration. ANZAC day is a national public holiday in Australia and New Zealand to honour the Australian and New Zealand Army who fought the Turkish Army in WWI. Enough say, google if you like to know more :D.

We planned to do groceries shopping at Coles, and I need to get some ingredients for my baking project. There was a bunch of ripe bananas and I would like to try a new recipe. And I found one. Usually I would do the baking on Saturday and heavy cooking on Sunday. Changed of plan, heavy cooking on Saturday, baking on Sunday then.

Atang for long has requested ayam masak merah. So while browsing the internet for recipe that use banana, I found a new blog recipe. Her ayam masak merah looks tempting, and the recipe is simple. So ... to the kitchen and start cooking.



Some of the ingredients.

Please note the onions. Shallots or bawang merah is expensive here and it is difficult to find. People used brown onion for cooking, though the maroon bawang besar is easy to find, but it is a little bit expensive than the brown onion. The maroon bawang besar is usually used in salad, thus the name is salad onion. So I used brown onion in most of my cooking. But for some cooking, like this nasi tomato and ayam masak merah, I used bawang besar, this grade is bit cheaper than the one they used for salad.

For recipe, please find it at kak liza (nasi tomato), and kak noreen (ayam masak merah) ya.





buurrpppp... alhamdullillah.....kenyang dah :p.... I made air sirap to go with these.....

owh.... i missed my bro's nasi tomato and ayam masak merah la!!

2 comments:

watie wyyn said...

fuyoooo..memberangsangkan sungguh tgk ayam masak merah tu...

fazid said...

teruja ekk...apa lagi mummy yaeesh..huhu