Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

chicken Tandoori tonight

There was this one day I craved for chicken tandoori. Then I remembered that I have tandoori pre mix spices inside the kitchen ladder. So on the way home on that particular day, I stop at a grocery store (it was just a walking distance from our home) and bought a halal chicken hindleg (hindleg is a part of a chicken that consists of the whole leg, see pictures below). I marinated the chicken with the premix as per instruction, and then I realised I forgot to buy a tub of yogurt, but I guessed it wouldn't made much difference (it turned out that I was wrong). Then let it set for at least half an hour. Before I put the chicken inside the oven, I rubbed the chicken with some ghee, than let it cook for about an hour. An addition to that, I have cut some potatos and let it baked together with the chicken.

Then I boiled some vegeroni, fried a couple of paratha (for we don't have any Naan) and prepare some simple salad of carrot, lebanese cucumber, and red onions with a dash of French Herbs.

And so.......

ooopppsss.... forgot to put the flashlight on .....

haaa baru nampak macam ayam tandoori kan ....


The vegeroni was for me, am on diet, the parathas were for atang. The taste, hmmm maybe not using yogurt is a big mistake, so you know what I am trying to say right. Anyway it is worth to try again. Cube la....easy and simple dinner and healthy too ....ahaks

1 comment: