Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Please... I can't wait anymore..

Sound so desperate kan....ahaks.....

I have to confess, I can't control myself and succumbed to another book. But with a strong reason (yela, a classic case of covering your guilt). Need something to read while travelling to the office. If I am travelling during peak time, it will take around 20 minutes to reach the city (sometimes it will take 30 minutes if the traffic is bad). So rather than staring myself in the window or outside the window, or staring at other people shoes, or bags, counting people getting in and off the bus, yadayada (ahahahha), so I am doing myself a favor by grabing another book than letting myself bored to death.



Though I have several books that are closely related to my research (look below) that I can choose to be my companion during the ride, I can't give 100% attention of what I am reading. My reason is simple, these books are meant for desk/table/workstation reading. In other word, reading at the table laa.... so that I can easily jot down important notes. If I want to do that in the bus, I need to occupy at least three seats. Hmm why not have a desk install in the bus then....ahahahhaha...crazy idea. Actually, am trying to give a lame excuse....or do I need too... LOL



Anyway, I have finish 3/4 of the book, I mean the Cornwell book (the other 3 books still need my attention, though I almost finish one of them, but not reading it back to back laaa, I skipped irrelevant pages). And I am waiting, anxiously waiting for.....



8 Cornwell's books that I won from ebay (yea...). I won them for AD13.00. Second hand books. Ok la... am not going to spend much on books ya. I don't mind buying used book, as long as it is in good condition.

Anxiously waiting ... which one gonna be my next travel companion.























ehem.... I wrote this entry on Saturday, thus was desperately waiting for the books... but I am now, happy, coz the books have finally arrived, yesterday. And as usual, the postman just left the package at our doorstep (this is not our first time) because we were at work. Atang gave me called when he reached home and told me about the package. Tu yang rasa risau sangat. Sib baik orang-orang kat sini very trust worthy. Alhamdullillah ...





I already read 2 of these (dulu laaa).... jual balik kat ebay aci tak :D ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

alahai...tak reti la nk bid kat ebay..kena blajo..my husband retila..tp nnt dia mesti bnyk soal..bla bla bla..mls nk dengo!

anywy, best ke novel patricia cornwell tu? pasal apa ek?

fazid said...

ahahah... jgn ms taj...nanti ketagih dok ngadap ebay tu... tapi kan barang murah, boleh dapat yang berkualiti tau...hehehhehe

Buku2 Patricia cornwell nie pasal crime investigation, macam CSI laa... lama dah buku2 dia nie...since 1990....

Anonymous said...

We're in the same shoes sister. Having to go through the same routine every morning, huhu..Sometimes, you can't even get a seat. It's so frustrating to stand up for 30 minutes early in the morning..huhu..I normally use my time in the bus by reading news through my mobile..hehe..- Maryam

fazid said...

betul2... I used to have to squeeze among ozs yang tinggi lampai, and have to cling on the seat headrest. Tak smpi nak gayut laaa...ahahahhah... skrang ok skit, sebab bus stop paling awal, so tak ramai orang lagi dlm bas masa tu.

U and ur mobile broadband aaa :D ...tak pening pulak? heheh

Anonymous said...

Previously, I used to catch up the bus at 6.30. But, now, 6.30 is too early. I am now catching the 6.50 am bus, still penuh...huhu..

Terpaksa juga baca via mobile, boring yg teramat sangat...-Maryam