Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cupcakes based on Mak's simple cake

For the makan-makan thing. I decided to make some cupcakes, based on Mak's simple cake recipe, with buttercream frosting. This is my first time in making the frosting, and also first time in using and playing with the piping bag (my latest toy :D). For ages I have wanted to experiment this frosting activity, most of the encouragement came from reading 'online chefs' websites that I visit regularly. And also from Iza's blog. I even asked her for the frosting recipe. To Iza, thank you very much for making my dream come true ...ahahahhaha... I saw your effort and talent, and that pushed me in doing this. But doing something like yours, that remarkable birthday cupcakes for your husband, would need more dedication laaa..... it would take me years to achieve that...maybe not at all..ahahahhahhaha (apa yang aku merepek nie)

After asar, around 5pm I start preparing the cake mixture. Finish baking and frosting at around 9pm. And here are the results



I prepared double amount of the mixture because I thought for one mixture, I will get about 40 mini cupcakes. It turned out, I have ran out of the mini cupcake casing (100 in one pack) before I finished all the mixture. So I put the left over mixture in a loaf pan, and baked it.



The frosting, manis sangat la to me. And it was not the consistency that I want. I was looking for finer textual, and shinier. This one, I can still feel the sugary textual when i rub it between two fingers. And it harden once settled. Iza....what went wrong?

Nevertheless, am so happy with the result. No wonder people can get hook baking and icing the cupcakes ya.... wink wink

7 comments:

Rahiza Haszian Abdul Rahim said...

huhuhu...fazid,masalahnya i have that problem too..that sugary textual..maybe kena pukul shortening and gula icing tu lagi lama..but being me, memang malas nak tunggu lelama..nak cepat aje..lagi satu, maybe kena guna resepi buttercream, instead of buttericing..buttercream selalunya gula tu dijadikan syrup dulu, then baru bancuh dgn margerine..and that shining effect, selalunya kena bubuh syrup gak..and err..harden tu, never faced that problem, unless simpan kek lepas frosting tu dlm freezer..selalunya buttercream tak harden..yg harden tu selalunya royal icing. BTW, great looking cupcakes! nampak sangat2 gebu..that's the kind of cake yg my hubby suka..more cake instead of the icing, tapi kalu wat niaga camni, alamat rugi ler, hehehe...

fazid said...

thanks iza.. i have a number of buttercream frosting recipes...will try them....

hmm...it didnt cost me much, and i buat mini cupcakes... hehehhe..bleh niaga ka?? no la..same like u, for self-satisfaction only :D

Neeza.Areef said...

npk nice cuppies...
gebu pn gebu...lapo lak pg2 nengok

attyfir said...

yuhhu..very the gebus.gilo..cantek.je naiknya

Anonymous said...

waa...tak aci...tak sempat makan pun hari tu..huhu..-maryam

fazid said...

kak atty n neeza (ke pangkat akak nie?? sorry ekk...nie kite tanya akak hehehe)...cuba la try..insyaAllah jadi gebu camtu

so sorry maryam...bukan banyak pun akak buat.. nnt lain kali akak buat lagi ekk...jemput datang rumah :D

MayaEnd said...

nampak yummy betul ;oD