Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Friday, April 2, 2010

Beef stew

Yaya was helping me with the lunch (cum dinner) preparation. Ringan sikit keje den. Our freezer is almost empty, we only have some pieces of chicken, some beef and one ikan kembung. We already had 3 chicken meals in a row this week, so I decided to cook the beef. Malas pulak nak goreng sayur kan, and that's only leave me with one option. A soup/broth, a complete diet in one meal. ahahhahaha... And so I cooked....eh terlupa I have a sous-chef...



What did we cooked sous-chef??



This beef stew is my sistah's recipe. I tried to find the recipe in my hard drive, but couldn't locate it anywhere. I knew the ingredients, but not sure how much and whether I have everything. Anyway, I cooked it based on how much I can remembered it. So here is the recipe:

My sistah's beef stew:

Ingredients (sesedap rasa aaa):
Beef cut into cube. I used gravy beef (ada tulang-tulang sikit)
2 brown onions, diced
3 garlic, diced
Carrots, potatoes cut by yaya (hahahha... I mean cubed)
1 tomato, cubed
Mushrooms, green peas
1 cube of knorr's beef stock
3 tbspoons of olive oil
Water
4 tbspoon of all purpose flour (plain flour) mix with a little bit of water
ground black pepper and salt to taste

Method:
1. Heat the oil than saute the onions and garlic until translucent.
2. Add in the meat. Mix well.
3. Add in diced tomato and water, enough to cover the meat.
4. Cover the pot, and leave it until the meat is tender under medium heat.
5. When the meat are tender, add in the carrots, potatoes, beef stock, and pepper and salt to taste.
6. Lit it simmer under low heat, until the potatoes are cooked.
7. Add the flour mixture, mushroom and peas. Then let the gravy thicken.
8. Serve hot with plain rice or better with some garlic bread or toast.



adik said...."mama....ngok.. buah buah" and pointing at the carrot peeled by yaya.
And I said, "bukan buah la dek... sayur"
"ooooo...aaaa yoooor..." adik replied.

Adik insists that we called her "baby adik" everytime we called her dedek/adik/thirah....

"bibi adik laaa...bibi adikkk..." she would say while patting her chest.

yours truly,

4 comments:

Liza said...

thanks for the recipe, mmg dah lama nak masak stew..

fazid said...

no worries :D

Anonymous said...

syoknya ada assistant (anak dara)..hehe..anak2 bujang kat rumah ni tau makan je la kejenya...hehehe..-maryam

fazid said...

hehe maryam, takpe, awak dah ada sous-chef...kang ramai2 kat dapur tak bleh masak pulak :D