Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Monday, May 3, 2010

Yaya with her Goliath Stick insect: Week 2

One day when I pickup Yaya at her school, she told me that one of her friends' insect egg has hatched. "Ms Rodgers said (her classroom teacher), the egg has turned into a nymph, Mama...What is a nymph?". I told her a nymph is like a baby, it has not fully develop to turn into an insect yet. And while driving home, I wonder how Yaya's egg is doing.


So this is a picture taken on Friday. After a week, nothing has changed.  I think the egg didn't survive under our care. I told Yaya, the probability that her goliath egg will not hatch. She just asked me why, but with not much regret. I thought she would be dissappointed. Maybe this does not excite her much.

We will wait for another week, maybe the nymph is not ready to leave its cozy home yet. Wait and see.

yours truly,

3 comments:

Me, Mrs Taj said...

lor yaya takde perasaan ke??? ermm auntie yg tgk dr jauh ni pulak yg sedih..excited nk tgk perkembangan lil creature tuh..heheheh

attyfir said...

tunggu gak nie..hhehehhe

fazid said...

ms taj, dia tak minat bila pet nih... kucing kat rumah wan dia pun, orang lain yg tolong bagi makan dan mandikan...mula2 je excited

kakty, takde rezeki la agaknye...tengok macam tu gak ngupe telur tu harinie