Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Saturday, June 7, 2008

My cooking achievement

I have planned many things to write, but have to put on hold due to my preparation for the confirmation. The date has been set (finally), the panel were selected, the document is under review, and need to be circulated to the panels on the 13th of June, allowing the panel two weeks in advance from confirmation due date. My list of things that need to be done for next two months is keep expanding, only able to complete 1/8 of the list, so far. arrrghhhhh.... I am feeling stress...




A promise that I have kept so long is to write about my birth experience. Athirah is now 5 month 1 week, still no entry about it. Hmmm how should I start.... guess I have to put it aside again.



To gain the momentum back, I would start with a simple entry. Cooking entry, yup.... let's talk about my cooking experience. Living abroad, with a family to look after, eating outside is an occasional thing, to save money plus not many Halal food outlet around. So cooking, I must everyday. Craving for a particular food can only be solved by cooking it yourself. With the advent of technology you could download the recipe from the internet. I have a list of cyber chefs that I visit often for that reason. You can found them in my fotopages.

So what are the dishes that I never, will never cook, if I was still in Malaysia (in simple word, buy only laaa), that I managed to cook here (huhu):
1. Cheese cake (credit to Kak Ida merpati) : so far people who have tasted it, love it.

2. Chicken rendang. I cooked this for Raya last year.

3. Marble cake (Kak Liza recipe).

4. Roti Jala, cooked this for iftar last year. Asked mom to post the roti jala cup hahahahha...

5. Choc cupcake. Did this with Yaya. Our first cooking project together.



6. Roast chicken (thanks to my loving sis for the recipe) and mash potato

7. Penang Laksa (thanks to Eyla for the recipe)

8. Yaya birthday cake (this is the first time I baked her a cake)










9. Mee Kung Fu
10. Curry puff

11. And today Lasagna


Dish (yang leceh laaa) that I have cook before coming to Brisbane, that I have mastered here(chewah!!) based on Atang's compliment:

1. Hainan chicken rice.
2. Mee kari.
3. Kung Poa Chicken (cashew nut chicken).
4. Telur bungkus.


hehehhehe.... syiok la masak.... next I want to try the marble cheese cake recipe. Will update soon.

No comments: