Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Who rules the kitchen

I am watching My Kitchen Rules while typing this entry. Right now, Veronica and Shadi are competing with Mossy and Gabe for a spot to the final. There will be two teams competing in the final. The other spot, won by Noah and Clinton automatically, because they have the higest score. Fuhhh... suspense pulak den tengok. I have been following this series since the beginning.....arrghhhh now the judges are scoring.....now the advertisements are on.....suspense.... ok ok...den citer dulu laa.... gosh!! have a lot to say here, bit little time to spend....here goes....

I had a very constructive and good meeting today. Now I know what I should do for the data analysis. Although there are loads of things to get done. At least one problem has resolved. Alhamdullillah, Allah has shown me the path.

OK....they are going to announce the result. Jap ekkk.....(boleh pulak)....haaaa...dah agak dah...veronica and shadi won... can't wait for the final's next week...ok now we talk about my kitchen yaa...hahahahhahaha



I cooked simple nasik goreng today. This is a very significant dish in my life, because.... because mak cooks her nasi goreng like this. Cooked rice, with ikan bilis, shallots, garlic and eggs. With oyster sauce and light soy sauce for seasoning. During weekend when there are some left over rice from yesterday's dinner, mak would fried the rice for brekkie on Sunday. Sometimes, when I was little, I showed resentment when mak made nasi goreng almost every weekend. I would choose a couple of toast over her nasi goreng. But when I moved out from the cocoon, after I got married, I missed her nasi goreng...hahahahha...so boring kan. Thus, whenever we went down to my parents' place, and saw her nasi goreng under the tudung saji, wahhh.... I was sooo happy...and...makan la apa lagi. Ahhh I missed mak and her cooking (emotional)

So for dinner tonight, I prepared nasik goreng just like how mak prepares it. Though this is not the first time I cooked this dish, I still couldn't get the taste right. I guess the saying, "air tangan" is right after all ekkk.... We had some daging masak merah left over from yesterday's dinner. Being a mom, wife and a full-time student, recycle meals are acceptable kan...ahahhaha... Am lucky to have a family who is not fussy.

There are going to be a lot of things happening from tomorrow onwards. Tomorrow I am meeting yaya's teacher about her progress in the classroom. Yaya has her first 'show and tell' tomorrow. When I asked her what is she planning to talk about in that session, she immediately said her barbie doll. What!! I said one straight NO! to her. No toys please. You are too old to talk about a doll (yes, I am being the garang mom). Plus, I don't want her to bring any toys to school, afraid she will misplace or forgets to bring it home. I said, "Why don't you talk about your glasses?" She reluctant at first, but after I gave her some good reasons, she agreed to it. Then I helped her in preparing the text for her to read. She has practiced it, and hope she could deliver it well tomorrow.

Next, I need to call up panel doctor to book an appointment for medical check-up, for visa renewal. Hope I am able to submit the application before end of this month. Then, loads of writing to do. And data analysis. And reports. And...... don't know when I will see the end of the list. But I know there will be the end of all this. Can't wait to go home, and see all the familiar and friendly faces again.

I come to end of this entry. Atang had looked and try to fix my camera. Unscrewing the screw was laborious job (no wonder the fixing charge is soo expensive). There were so tiny, and atang doesn't has the right tool. When he finally removed the casing, he met with another set of tiny screws, and he gave up. Then he gave me many reasons; afraid that a spring will pop up laa, tak nampak laaa, nanti susah nak pasang balik laaa....hahahahhahah...so I told atang, it's ok if you can't do it. I still have my phone camera, besides, my photography mood has gone. Don't think we will visit any new and interesting places in near time. Kalau ada rezeki sok...beli a new one. Sounds like merajuk kan...ahahahhahah... psychology tu...huhu...don't know if atang will get the hint

OK...adik is calling me to bed. She still needs me cuddling her to sleep. And I have one paper to read tonight.


p.s. dapat comment arinie...sekali ter select reject la pulak....
"samalah.. ituje yg akak masak kalo bz dan malas datang menjelma,... ahakss"
(Diarihatiku1976)


sorry banyak2. tu la akibat buat 2 keje dlm satu masa...ahahahhaha... terima kasih ya kerana sudi baca ngomelan den.



yours truly,

4 comments:

Liza said...

nasi goreng? that's one of my favourite dish that i love to cook, simple yet can be mafde very interesting

fazid said...

agree liza...all you need is the basic ingredients lepas tu add different seasoning kan.

Anonymous said...

Next time kena buat ayam madu..hehe...-Maryam

fazid said...

ayam madu...best tu...tapi tunggu orang oxley anta aaa...heheheh