Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ramadhan Day 22: the 1st essay

Today is the 22nd day of Ramadhan. One more week before celebrating the Eid @ Hari Raya. At this stage, I still cultivating my raya mood, because I am still refining my chapters.  I have dateline this Tuesday, maybe after that I can switch to raya mood. But I have two things to look forward to this week. Tomorrow atang wants to have iftar at a nearby mosque. Everyday, there will be someone or a group of people donate some food for iftar at any mosque, musollah (surau) around Brisbane, as far as I am aware of. Before the Ramadhan, the mosque or musollah committee will make announcement about the donation, individual who wishes to donate can contact the committee directly to book a date. Besides the one organised by the Malaysian Student Association (PPMQ), I have never attended any iftar event held at any mosque or musollah. So I did suggested to atang, maybe we could have iftar at any mosque or musollah on weekends, I just want to experience what it's like, plus tasting different type of food prepared by people from different culture (escape masak pun ye gak, huhu). Bila lagi kan, the only opportunity that I may have. It is coincident that one of atang's mate is hosting iftar at a nearby mosque tomorrow and we are invited to come. Alhamdullillah, so InsyaAllah, tomorrow I am off from cooking, yippee.

Another thing that I am looking forward to is Nasi Kerabu, yes, you read it right. This Nasi Kerabu is so popular here, people have been talking about this Nasi Kerabu since we have Bazaar Ramadhan in 2008. It is so popular that you need to pre-order it, coz don't expect you can grab it at the bazaar, orang kata putih mata aje laaa. I recently talked to akak who prepared it, she said normally she would prepare around 80 packs per day, and from that amount only about 5 packs were unreserved, but within a split second that unreserved packs were gone. So I decided I must try this Nasi Kerabu this time, the only chance that I may have, and since this weekend is the last bazaar, I have pre-booked the Nasi Kerabu for this Saturday. Sempat kang I will take pictures, takut kang tak sabar nak makan, dah nak licin baru ingat, huhu. As a summary, I may not have to prepare main dishes for tomorrow and Saturday, prepare some kuih aje nanti, itupun kalau tak membeli kat bazaar. haha

Anyway, what I am going to write today is about an essay written by Yaya. It is one of her school assignment.
The title is,"My journey on a pirate ship". Don't ask me how on earth did she came up with the title, because Yaya herself don't have definite answer to that question. Ok without further ado, I present you Yaya's 1st essay.



My summary: Yaya and her family onboard a pirate ship to get to an island, so that she and her family can enjoy a delicious ice-cream and hot dog. Then we checked in into a hotel that have a spa, swimming pool and a beach. After a day at the beach, we had dinner at night. hahahahhaha.... I was smilling when I read this. I asked yaya, ice-cream and hot dog, bulan puasa nih, fikir makan aje laaa... hmmmm clearly she is like me, think about food all the time. Notice that atang was only mentioned at the end of the story, so bab makan-makan dulu only involved yaya, her sister and her mother. Adeh... another food lover in the family, tapi memang betul pun. Alhamdullillah, yaya is not fussy when it comes to food, but she is not that adventurous like her mama. She will only try something new after I have convince her many times.

Dah lame tak citer pasal our iftar food kan, well nothing to story actually, same old dishes everyday. I don't have time to experiment new thing, not anymore laaa. For yesterday's iftar I cooked maggi goreng. We had fried chickens from Country Chicken two days ago (ala-ala KFC camtu), and have 2 pieces left. So yesterday I cut them to small pieces and add them to the maggi goreng, with telur mata lembu. Fuhhhh...

Today, I think I will cooked chicken tom yam. Tonight I plan to visit my neighbour. She and her family is going back home for raya tomorrow morning. Ada benda nak kirim dari Malaysia nie, my ikan bilis, ikan masin is out of stock. So, that's it friends, till next time, selamat berbuka, biar sederhana.
yours truly,

2 comments:

Liza said...

yaya is so clever!!! Alhamdulilah, sejuk perut ibu mengandung ;)

fazid said...

amin liza, tapi banyak lagi yg dia kena belajar nie. balik malaysia nanti she will be like starting over, back to zero.