Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Book review: "Lisey's story"

Finally I managed to finish this book....phewwwww.....sooooo difficult to finish 1 book lately. Have to constraint myself from spending hours reading the book, coz I should be concentrating on my research. However, I do need a break ya. So been reading Lisey's story for a couple of months (yup....slow like a tortoise I am). Most of the pages, was done on the bus, on the way to the office. And half of the book onboard AirAsia enroute Malaysia-Brisbane.



Try to find the cover of the book that I have, but couldn't found any. Anyway, here is the review.


For a start, I would like to give an introductions of how I came to know Stephen King's books, been a collector till now, and still an avid reader of his book. All this began with my sistah, buying and giving me Salem's Lot. Vampire movie was an-in-thing during that year. And Salem's Lot did catch my attention, and I have read it more than twice. Hehehhh... and since then I have been the collector and reader of King. Either I bought the book or got it as presents. Until now I am trying my best to keep updated with King's latest book, however, I have missed a number of his books. A few weeks after I bought Lisey's Story, Duma Key was then released. Satu ari nak ajak atang gi Carrara market la, carik second hand book. You can get 1 book at $3.

Ok here is the review (am still not good at doing this). Lisey's Story is a story about a widow (named Lisey, obviously) who has just lost her husband, and couldn't let go of her memory of her late husband, until she felt she has no reason to live anymore and keeps blaming her husband for leaving her. Eventually her memories have save her life from a blackmailer. At start, the story was pretty slow, and I did skip some pages because it was kinda dragging. But after the third chapter, when she is recollecting her memories, the best part begins.

I like the book, but talking about a similar King's book, I like Rose Madder even better. More suspense and scarier. So I end this review with an interesting abbreviation I got from Lisey's (King likes to create abbreviation).


SOWISA (strap on whenever it seems appropriate)

3 comments:

i.s.z.a.n said...

sila jawab tag :P

attyfir said...

singgah

Rahiza Haszian Abdul Rahim said...

thx for the takziah dear. so far i'm ok..alhamdulillah. :)