Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Helping newcomer and kuih Cara berlauk

Last week, we were incharged of looking after a family who just arrived from Malaysia. I actually knew them, for the husband was my coursemate when I was doing bachelor degree at one of the local universities in Malaysia. I knew they were coming to Brisbane from a good friend of my in Malaysia. Both of them are futhering their study. And for the past few months (before they came here), they have been contacting me for information.

Last weekends, we were busy showing them around. And I made this for the family, and also for some friends. Kuih cara berlauk, using the mini muffin tray.



Resepi...hmmmm... orang noghori cakap, "sonang baitu" . Just make the filling like curry puff filling, and for the batter, mix flour, coconut milk, salt and eggs... kira agak-agak aje... macam buat kuih cucur, and then spooned the batter into the muffin tray, add the filling and bake for more or less 15 minutes. Kot dah teringin sangat nak makan kuih cara kat sini kan, boleh la cuba

(kalau nak buat yang manis tu, ala yang warna ijau tu, lotak gulo yo, gantikan filling ayam tu :D)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ini dah dinamakan kuih cara moden ni...letak dlm muffin tray tuh...creative sunggoh!!

fazid said...

ms taj, actually I learnt this from my friend :D

Rahiza Haszian Abdul Rahim said...

fazid, kirim salam la kat shidan yek. wishing him and his family all the best.

fazid said...

InsyaAllah Iza. BTW they have found a permanent place. Tapi jauh sikit dari CBD.