Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A must try : Marble Chocolate Cheese Cake (Kak Hanieliza recipe)

I believe "cooking is the best therapy". Often during weekend, feeling lonely at home, I will get emotional easily. So I decided, why not try a new recipe to pass the time. I have a long list of wanna-try recipes from the web. I normally visit Kak Liza's fotopages (but it is no longer available for public, and kak Liza has created a blog to publish her recipes), Kak Ida's fotopages and MamaFami's fotopages. I have tried some of their recipes (there is an entry on how I baked a cheesecake in this blog), simple recipes but the outcome is sooo satisfying.

Last week I baked Marble Chocolate Cheese Cake (from Kak Liza's fotopages). I just found the same recipe on MamaFami's fotopages. And believe me, it is a must try recipe.


Here are the ingredients (am so lazy, so I just copy and paste the recipe from MamaFami's) :





Ingredients A :

180 g butter
20 g cocoa powder (I used 2 heaps of tablespoon)
170 g castor sugar
3 eggs
120 g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Ingredients B :

250 g cream cheese
60 g castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg

Method :

1. Sift self-raising flour, baking powder and cocoa. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Add in eggs (ingredient A), one at a time.
4. Add in the sifted ingredients and mix well.
5. In another bowl, beat all ingredients in B till light.
6. Prepare a 7" tray, line with grease-proof paper (I used a medium size round springform pan). Pour in one part of ingredient A's mixture into the tin. Spread evenly. Then pour the whole ingredient B's mixture on top and spread evenly. Finally pour the balance of ingredient A's mixture on top and spread nicely to cover the whole area.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160 C for 1 hour.



Yummy :p

No comments: