Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yummy and easy Banana cake

Banana cake is one of my favourite cake since I was small (susah kalau citer dengan orang yang suka makan nie, almost everything I like and my favourite :D). I can eat one small loaf of banana cake (yup, a loaf, about the size of 2 Gardenia's vanilla bread sit side by side) in one sitting, and I can eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But that was a long time ago. La nie, am watching what I am eating.

Though it was my fav cake, I have never try to bake it. Mak did baked banana cake, once or twice, but have never share the recipe with me (well, I didnt' really want to know how to bake it before). A couple of months ago, a friend of my, Kak Su, shared banana cake with us (the research student) at the office. It was so delicious. So I made a point to ask her for the recipe. And she gave me this website for the recipe. The recipe is so simple, it took me just 15 minutes to prepare.



Ingredients:

4 ripe bananas (I used 5, have actually mashed 4 bananas and I thought it was not enough)
3 eggs
1 3/4 cups of self-rising flour
1/4 cup of corn flour
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of oil (I used canola oil)
1 tsp of sodium bicarbonate (I omit this one, didn't have any in the kitchen)
a pinch of salt


Method:

1. Beat the egg and sugar until soft and light
2. Mix in the mashed bananas
3. Then mix in flour, stir and later mix in the oil
4. Put the mixture in a baking tray
5. Bake the cake for 45 - 60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted and came out clean






Try it...

p.s. To date, I have baked this cake twice, because atang love it so much :D

6 comments:

i.s.z.a.n said...

alaaaaaaaaaa, yg kukus xde ke? xde oven lah!

lilRed Farah said...

kak fazid... it looks yummy!!!!
nak memukul tu tak menahan... takde electric beater... but surely will try it when am back home.. hehhehe

jyss said...

waaaa looks yummylicious too

fazid said...

ms iszan: kalau gi link yg aku bagi tu, ada gak yg mengukusnya...so boleh la guna resepi tapi kukus...

farah, it is...cuba la...boleh tu memukul pakai egg beater :D

yummy jas :D

Rahiza Haszian Abdul Rahim said...

fazid, looks very moist aaa..will try this,insya-allah..i love banana cake too :D

Anonymous said...

I do not like bananas much, but enjoy cooking especially food cake. Meetings not very good that this will taste like
I will write again on my blog about this subject when completed
Thanks