Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lunch @ Makanan Indonesia

This week we did our normal groceries shopping at Coles. It has been a routine for us to go somewhere every Saturday, be it doing the groceries, window shopping or visiting friends. When the kids were around last year, we will take them to the park in the evening. Anywhere, for relaxing. It is a therapy that I find works for me all the time. Keeps me away from the work, seeing other things, appreciating things around me, for we don't know when the time will come. Experience is life, and life is experience.

So talking about experience, after the groceries shopping, we had lunch at an Indonesian restaurant, located at Hardgrave Rd, West End. This is our 2nd experience, tasting and eating at the restaurant. Makanan Indonesia is the name of the restaurant. They have a wide spread of Indo cooking, and it is so difficult to decide on what, luckily I have a friend who I met at the university, recommended a few dishes (and coincidently she was there at the restaurant when we arrived). So we ordered Dendeng kentang belado, Gado-gado and Cumi goreng. Do you know what cumi is? Cumi is an Indonesian word for squid.




[Inside the restaurant]




The Gado-gado, marvelous, wish they put more peanut sauce, and would be twice marvelous.




I forgot to snap pictures of Dendeng kentang berlado and cumi goreng. The plates are all empty when I finally realised my mistake :D. Everybody who works in the restaurant is friendly. They make sure their customer are satisfied with the food. Through my friend I was introduced to Tante Mimi who cooked our perfect Dendeng kentang berlado and Tante Yenni who made sure everything is hot before serving us :D.

This is our 2nd time visit, and will definately come again to try other dish. Atang has already decided what he is going to have for the next visit.

2 comments:

Liza said...

last raya, one of my better half's friend who is an Australian, came to our house for raya and when he tasted the food we served, he was so interested to open a Malaysian food restaurant in Australia and ask us to be part of the team...iyo ler, like my mom loves the idea of me living in another country and taking her cucu along...

fazid said...

Liza, that is one great opportunity. U know, there is none Malay restaurant operator in Brisbane. There is only one restaurant own by Malay at Gold Coast (though it is operated by Malaysian Chinese). There is only one so called Malaysian food in Brisbane, that is run by Chinese from Singapore. Cuba la Liza, mana tau :D.