Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ramadhan Day 7: Alhamdullillah ramai dah artis bertudung

Today is the 7th day of Ramadhan. Pejam celik pejam celik dah nak masuk seminggu kami berpuasa kat sini, alhamdullillah.

Last year and two years ago, I was looking forward for the Eid celebration, counting the days, marking the calendar, because I celebrated the Eid with families back home. But this year, I still mark the calendar, counting the days, not just for the Eid celebration, but meeting datelines. Luckily the Eid will be on Thursday or Friday, the end of the week. Can get away for awhile from working, hopefully. Hope we will have memorable celebration here (tetiba pulak sebak). But definately Eid celebration here is more merrier with loads of open houses in the weekends. Our preparation? Biasa-biasa aje laaa... cannot say right now, got loads of things to do before that.

OK, so Yaya is staying home today, we decided to "mencutikan" Yaya because of the sports day. Atang have already email her teacher about her absent and the reason. Eventhough we can allow Yaya to skip fasting today, but we don't want her to get use to the idea of skipping. I found it is difficult to explain to her when she asked if she can skip fasting. Hope when we are back home, with the islamic surrounding she will understands more about fasting, and the beauty of it.

For iftar yesterday, I came back late from the office, so I was like "lipas kudung" cooking in the kitchen. Luckily I have some leftovers lauk in the fridge, so for iftar I fried mee hoon, the lauk was for sahur this morning. So no picture today.

And about the title, early this morning as usual I will check on emails, FB and this blog. I saw an entry on my bloglist about a few Malaysian artist who recently decided to wear hijjab. Alhamdullillah. I read their hijrah story (posted by the author in the blog), and was so moved by their story. Hidayah dari Allah, tak sape boleh jangka. One of their story was similar with what I have experienced when I decided to put on the hijab. I was so anxious to know and understand about hijjab for I have received so many article about the punishments during the after life for those women who didn't cover their aurat. I have spoken to my friends about it, and alhamdullillah, one day I decided to wear hijjab, on the first day of Ramadhan 1416H (in the year 1995).

OK laaa.. Jom baca kat sini kisah artis yang telah berhijrah. Till we meet again, selamat berbuka, biar sederhana.

p.s. Thank you kak Wa for posting that wonderful story.

yours truly,
 

No comments: