Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Monday, November 10, 2008

The flight was delayed 1 day

Last week I have mentioned that our flight was delayed for 1 day. Now I will tell you a story about our ordeal at LCC terminal on the 27th October, the day that we were supposed to depart for Brisbane.

On that unfortunate day (but fortunate in other circumstances), we left Seremban at close to 6pm. We were schedule to leave Malaysia at 9.40pm. We left early because we didn't want to be caught in the traffic jam, due to Deepavali holiday. We took the Sepang trunk road (alahai lupe la jalan tu...tapi jalan dalam, lalu Salak Lama, Nilai, Sepang). Arrived at LCCT around 6.40pm. Oh yes, we were sent by my-in-laws to the airport. Upon arrival before check-in, I look at that big black box that displayed the flight itinery searching for our flight information. I was suprised when I saw on the board, next to our flight #, it said "cancelled". Eh betul ke nie? I did double, triple checked with the travel itinery, all particular is the same, except the departure time. I assumed it was a mistake. So we went up to the counter, and check-in.

Later we joined Along, and in-laws (all atang's siblings were there, except one of his brother) for a dinner. Along said, lets have some last McD dinner. After the last meal, we waited for my bro to arrive, and soon my sistah, my BIL and newphew, haziq have to leave because they had an open house invitation to attend. So when my bro arrived, we went to Dome for a cuppa.

At 9pm, we said goodbye to my bro, and went to the waiting room. Normally we will board a plane, at least half an hour before the flight leave right. But went we arrived at the waiting area, people were still sitting down, and it was already quarter after 9. So I tought we have missed the calling, so we went up to the I counter for query. So happened at that time, the AirAsia people were about to annouce about the delay. It was expected the new time schedule at 11.45pm. Immediately atang called my bro, wondering whether he was still nearby. Lucky for us, he was still within the airport area. So we asked for the transit pass, and went out to meet my bro. My bro took us to a restaurant for a second dinner, this time at Nyonya Ikan Bakar (sedap nie... nak rekomen tapi lupe kat mano).

TBC....

4 comments:

Me, Mrs Taj said...

bosan kn klu flight delay nih...

Anonymous said...

Nyonya Ikan Bakar at Nilai..

Brahim Nyior said...

Janji selamat... Biar lambat, asal sampai.

fazid said...

ms taj n brahimnyior: everything happens for a reason.

Thanks bro for the info of that restaurant.