Are you looking for specific information such as Halal food in Brisbane, where to shop until you drop, and cooking ala Brisbane, key-in any word that you think relevant in the search box:

Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Sekali air bah, sekali carpet ku berubah"

Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, I will wake up at 2.20 am, to prepare Atang's very early breakfast and some sandwiches for him to eat during his shift. Atang works as a cab driver in Brisbane. His shift will start at 3 am and ended at 3 pm. It is normal, during this early hour, I would practically drag myself, with my eyes half open, into the kitchen.

Once I reached the kitchen, I felt water on my feet, soaking my socks. I was shocked, and the brain immediately sent signal to the whole body, to completely waking me up from my half-conscious state. I switch on the light, and saw water all over the kitchen floor.



I thought at first, my fridge was giving the problem, so I open the freezer door and expected more water coming out from the freezer. But everything is perfectly normal inside the freezer. And then I realised, the carpet is soaking wet.



It was raining heavily that night. Another heavy rain in Brisbane (I planned to write about that great storm that claimed 1 live in Brisbane last Sunday, but will write about it later). Even before I slept that night, the rain sounded like bucket-by-bucket of water thrown onto the house. But looking at the roof, there was no indication of leaking. Only the carpet, near the dining area, was affected. And because the carpet was totally dreanched, the excess water, that couldn't be contained by the carpet, leaked into the kitchen floor.

Atang was taking his bath at that time. Once he was out of the bathroom door, I shouted, "Atang, sini sini....". With shocked, he stepped all over that soaking carpet (tu yang gambar sebelum entry ni penuh ngan tapak kaki, tapak kaki atang la tu...alahaiii). And later we realised that the water came from our neighbour home, because the whole perimeter of the carpet at the wall that divided our home from our neighbour home was drenched. By chance, my neighbour has moved out from the house on Monday. Maybe he moved out because there were some leak in the house after that Sunday storm, we don't know that. But actually we are aware that he is moving to a new place since we got back from Malaysia. Maybe by coincidence.

Anyway....after preparing Atang's meal. I start mopping.


Half an hour later....


I finish draining the water from the kitchen floor at nearly 3.40 am. Subh pun dah masuk. Total volume of water, 2 bucket full (almost to the brim). About the carpet, I can't do anything about it. Need to call the agent in the morning.


Oh yes... not just the kitchen and dining area, one part of the living room was also affected, near the sliding door. And my only Malaysian neighbour, who live right under my neighbour's home is also experiencing the same problem. Hmmm...not exactly the same, because unlike us, water was dripping from the ceiling, but almost all over the living area, dining and kitchen area (macam ada swimming pool aje kat rumah neighbour sebelah nie, jangan2 air bertakung)....

Am waiting for the agent to come and look at this mess. Damp carpet, faham-faham aje laa..berbau....
More pictures in our fotopages.

3 comments:

Mira said...

yeah ... sesi senaman tuh ...

buat ... jangan tak buat ...

:P

Anna said...

alahai siannyer kna mop sgala kn..
pree2 dpt penat..

jane said...

salam...
pt u. wa dah rasa poneknya...6 x banjir dah tahun ni d sekolah..